Who would you pick? …Difficult eh! Everyone has their favourite, both have their own strengths, weaknesses pros and cons.
When potential clients come to us for website advice we often find ourselves exploring the ‘Wordpress Vs Boson CMS’ question. (CMS = Content Management System) It’s a similar process to picking your favourite hero! There are many elements that come into play to determine the outcome.
So, we’ve conjured up some handy tips below to help, if you find yourself in this predicament.
Reasons to choose WordPress:
- If you (or one of your team) are familiar with using WordPress.
- If what you need can come ‘out-of-the-box’. i.e. you don’t have any bespoke requirements
- If the are no plans to change the website and / or integrate business processes
- If you want a LOT of flexibility when it comes to layout and customisation that you can do yourself
- If you have a limited budget
Reason to choose the Boson CMS Framework:
- If you want to expand your website at some point in the future in more unique ways
- If you would prefer a more simplistic, cut-down approach to content management
- If you require bespoke web apps within your website
- If security is important
Simply ask yourself the questions below to help you decide which approach is best for you:
- Do you have any bespoke requirements, unique to your business?
- What is your budget?
- Are you looking to expand in the future?
- Is it important to you to have an exclusive website, or is something more off-the-shelf appropriate?
- Who is going to be managing the website content?
- Is security important to you?
These principals can be applied not just to our CMS but to any bespoke CMS. Not only will they guide you in the right direction, but should help you make the correct choice for you….
But sometimes people just prefer Batman!